Protego Hard Oil Wax in natural and color
- for oiling and waxing of wood floor and furniture
- for basic finish with floor machine or from hand
- suitable for all wood species
Areas of Application
Protego Hard Oil Wax is used for basic finish of wood floors and woodwork in general. It produces a strong and wear resistant surface with enhancement of the wood grain. Hard Oil Wax natural produces a golden colour whereas white enhances the light colour of oak, ask, pine wood. The oil penetrates the wood grain and the wax remains on the surface and offers extra protection to the surface.
Application of material
Apply approximately one full coat of Hard Oil Wax to 10 - 12 square metres of wood floor lengthwise of the wood grain with a paint roller. Use a floor machine with beige or red pad to work the oil into the wood grain.
Protego Hard Oil Wax produces a beautiful satin matt finish which can be maintained and repaired easily. Hard Oil Wax is suitable for use on all untreated interior floors and woodwork in general. Hard Oil Wax offers a strong protection against fluids, wear, and dirt and produces a hard wearing surface. Hard Oil Wax may be applied by hand or with a floor machine. The wood may be primed with one of the lye primers before the application of Hard Oil Wax. The oiled floor and woodwork should be cleaned with Protego Wood Floor Soap. For re-oiling we recommend Hard Oil Wax, Maintenance Oil or Maintenance Paste. An oiled / waxed floor is highly durable and easy to care for.
* Ensures that light wood species remain light
* Easy cleaning with Wood Floor Soap natural or white
* Suitable for all wood species
* Suitable for large commercial areas with high frequency of use
How to do step by step
1. Make sure that the floor or woodwork is freshly sanded and cleaned with Intensive Wood Cleaner. Ensure that the floor is completely dry before starting the application of the oil. Moisture in wood should not exceed 12% relative moisture content.
2. Shake the bottle and ensure that all pigments are evenly distributed in material before application.
Apply 1 litre of oil to 10 to 15 m2 of floor with a short haired paint roller or brush. Let the oil penetrate the wood grain for up to 10 min. and if dry spots appear, reapply oil. Now work the oil carefully into the wood grain with floor machine mounted with beige or red pad. For areas not exceeding 15 m2, polishing by hand with green pad is possible.
3. If not all oil could be worked into the wood grain, scrape the excess oil onto the next section of the floor or remove. Continue in this way till complete area has been coated.
4. Now buff the complete area with a white pad under floor machine or by hand.
5. After a 6 hour pre-drying of the area, buff the whole area again with white pad under the machine possibly with a small application of oil to ensure a perfect finish of the wood.
6. Leave the oiled area to dry for 24 hours. Do not expose the floor to water during drying time. After 12 hours, the floor may be used with caution. Cover walkways with corrugated paper.
7. Use Protego Wood Floor Soap mixed with water for regular cleaning. For later maintenance, apply Protego Hard Oil Wax, Maintenance Oil or Protego Maintenance Paste.